Friday, June 7, 2013

A Love Story for Life...The Beginning.

Hey Peeps!!

I hope you all have poked around my store a bit.  If so, you might have stumbled upon my About page.  Here I give a brief history of the store.  I thought I would share it with as a new beginning to the blog.  I hope you enjoy it!

A love story for life.

In 2011 I decided to open my store and start officially selling my jewelry. I was a junior in college and heard of a art and crafts show happening at the park around the corner from my house. I gathered up the confidence and opened my doors the same day as the craft show. Ever since then it has been such a wonderful experience.

Making jewelry has always and will be my first love. I started making jewelry as a child. My oldest sister gave me a kit to bead my own bobby pins and thus a love affair was born. That summer I sold the bobby pins at a flea market put on by her church. I made a killing! Well, for a child that is. I later realized that they probably bought them from me because I was a child. hehe.

I taught myself the skills needed to make jewelry. Well, I guess that's not completely true, I did read alot on the Internet. I always find myself examining jewelry in stores or online and trying to figure out how it is made. Part of the excitement is figuring out how to put a piece together.

Throughout my life I have always turned to making jewelry as my outlet. If I am feeling sad, stressed, or confused, I find solace in making jewelry. Because of this, I have a strong connection to jewelry. Making jewelry keeps me sane! Or at least that's what I tell people. lol I can't go for long with out sketching and wanting to play with beads!! Which by the way, I have tons and still continue to buy more almost weekly.

I hope that you love the jewelry as much as I do. I will always be making jewelry, whether its for me or for you. Which is why that this is a love story for life. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment