Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Venting about Bubble Necklaces...

So hopefully you noticed that I haven't been posting a lot...or that I didn't even send out a newsletter!!!  GASP!!!  I know...craziness!  Things around got a little crazy with work and my parents coming into town.  I had a small list of projects I wanted their help with and within hours of them being here, the list doubled!  I am so grateful to have such supportive and helpful parents.  I wished they could have stayed longer, but they had to go back home.  Now the hubby and I are getting back into a routine.  lol

In preparation for a busy Fall craft show schedule, I will be flooding the store with lots of new goodies!!  So keep an eye for new additions!  I will show off some of my new additions tonight.  But I have to tell you one annoyance that I have...bubble necklaces...I love the look of them, but hate how they are sold online...  I scoured suppliers looking for the right supplies to make such a necklace for my sister.  I eventually found the right supplies and was able to make them.  But the reason why I have an annoyance with these necklaces is because you can find them all over Etsy, but 99% of the time, the ones you find are from China and are not even handmade.  These necklaces exploded in popularity.  So now that I am making them, but not with the variety as many of the sellers from China, I am having to compete with faux-handmade shops.  I guess I just get annoyed at seeing the shops on Etsy that sell from jewelry from China because, to me, they seem fake.  I don't feel like the owner of the shop actually sat at a desk, designed the piece, and constructed it.

Well I'm done venting about Chinese Etsy shops...hope I didn't offend anyone!
https://www.etsy.com/listing/156945364/hot-pink-bubble-necklace?ref=shop_home_active
$15

https://www.etsy.com/listing/156952693/plum-bow-and-heart-earrings?ref=v1_other_2
$7

No comments:

Post a Comment