Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Vacation!

Love Vacation?  Me too!!  I have been lucky enough to be on vacation for a number of weeks with my family.  I love seeing my family!  However, vacation usually pushes my jewelry making back.  Luckily I have been able to make some cool pieces.  I decided to use the beach as my inspiration.  In June I went with my some of my family to Panama City Beach, FL.  We all had a wonderful time!  I decided to collect unique and beautiful shells.  With help from two of my sisters and some of my nieces and nephews, I was able to collect some very interesting shells.  Thankfully all, or most, of the shells I got, I will be able to use.  While traveling to see my out of state family, I was able to make use of these shells in some jewelry!!  These pics will be posted as soon as possible!

Another addition to the Some Kind Of Pretty collection is headbands!!  I found inspiration while on vacation to the mountains.  These headbands with made from fabric with elastic around the back.  One size fits all!  (or most)  I'm making some in bright colors which are perfect for Summer and for going back to school!!  Also, for those not into bright colors, I'm making some that are in more muted tones.

I will post pics of these new items on here as soon as I can!  :)

1 comment: